1. Confidential Information refers to all information provided to the Editor prior to, or during the course of, conducting Editorial Services for KnE Publication Support Services. Such Confidential Information may include, but not be limited to:
• All forms of proprietary documents, including academic documents, tables, figures, supplementary data, personal information, grant or other applications, patent information, personal communications, and other data provided by third parties for the provision of Editorial Services.
• Data pertaining to the commercial activities of KnE Publication Support Services and its contractors, such as client data, business or marketing plans, pricing, service provisions, ideas and strategic information related to the conducting of or development of its commercial activities
2. All information provided to the Editor by KnE Publication Support Services shall be as Confidential Information, regardless of the method of communication. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include provision in writing, electronic format, visual format, or by word of mouth.
3. All Confidential Information shall remain the property of KnE Publication Support Services and its clients. No conveyance of any rights or licence should be implied by disclosure of such Confidential Information to the Editor.
4. The Editor agrees:
• Not to publish, transfer or disclose to others any Confidential Information without the written permission of KnE Publication Support Services.
• Not to use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than that which is necessary to conduct the Editorial Services provided by KnE Publication Support Services.
• In the event of termination of this Letter of Agreement (LOA), to return to KnE Publication Support Services any part or parts of the Confidential Information as requested by KnE Publication Support Services, or destroy such Confidential Information if requested to do so.
5. The Editor agrees that the provisions of such terms are reasonably required in order to protect the business and intellectual activities of KnE Publication Support Services and its clients, and that breach of these would bring about irreparable injury to KnE Publication Support Services and/or its clients.
6. The Editor agrees that the obligations pertaining to Confidential Information shall survive any termination of the contractual agreements that they sign with KnE Publication Support Services and shall remain fully enforceable.