Charlesworth Author Services, in providing services on behalf of Knowledge E, reserves the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
* We may collect the following information:
* Contact information, including details of institution, email address and telephone, ORCID ID
* Demographic information such as postcode/zip code, preferences and interests (e.g. relating to academic discipline and areas of study).
* Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* To ensure that we provide the best match of expertise to your area of study and research.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. You have the right to ‘unsubscribe’ to these at any time.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to each customer's needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data are removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
* If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us (many of our marketing emails include an option to ‘unsubscribe’ with one click from the last message you received from us).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you give us permission.
Please note that Charlesworth Author Services, as the provider of services to Knowledge E, will share your personal information with Knowledge E for the purposes of carrying out its activities and to enable either party to make information available to you about related services.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) and UK GDPR.
If you believe that any personal information we have on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please contact us for further information or clarification.